WE BUILD A VERY SAFE COMMUNITY FOR OUR USERS HENCE;
- User Must use same name as in everyday life in account creation
- Provide accurate information about yourself when required.
- Create only one account (your own) as multiple account creation is prohibited.
- C-APP does not permit change of name for qualified converge competition contestants.
- Normal internet data charge applies to all C-APP users.
- Not share your password, give access to your C-APP account to others or transfer your account to anyone else (without our permission).
- Access fee is charged for services provided i.e. music trek, comedy, modeling, C-Talk, Vote, others via subscription for 30 days but excluding pocket grant and normal data usage charge.
- C-APP modeling is a qualifying series for only ladies via photo upload to partake in the National Converge modeling show known as face of converge EXAMPLE [FOC Canada 2019].
- C-APP music trek is a qualifying series for any user to partake in the annual converge music trek competition; upload of 30 seconds natural vocal [singing] video recording [no studio effects and instruments, no group singing].
- Only required number of contestants with the highest number of thumb ups or pressed green [ ] buttons on uploads for any C-APP package qualifies for the month.
- All successful beneficiaries of C-APP pocket grant are oblique to wait till the date when such grants are to be disbursed via the C-APP Rolling/slide notification and thus the pocket grant can be withdrawn anytime at the discretion of CGI. The pocket grant does not give right to any user to claim money as it’s not regarded as a service you subscribed for but a grant from CGI to the C-APP community.
- Only the appropriate upload should be made to any of the portals provided.
- Persons under 13 years old (or the minimum legal age in your country to use our Product).
- You are a convicted sex offender.
- We’ve previously disabled your account for breaches of our Terms or Policies.
- You are prohibited from receiving our products, services or software under applicable laws.
WHAT TO DO ON C-APP
We want people to use C-APP to propel their endowed talents, vote contestants of choice, enjoy user benefits, express themselves and to share content that is important to them, but not at the expense of the safety and well-being of others or the integrity of the C-APP community. You therefore agree not to engage in the conduct described below (or to facilitate or support others in doing so):
- You may not use our Product to do or share
- That breaches these Terms, our Community Standards and other Terms and Policies that apply to your use of C-APP
- That is unlawful, misleading, discriminatory or fraudulent.
- That infringes or breaches someone else’s rights.
- That leads to multiple votes of a particular contestant from a single User except stated/allowed otherwise as such act leads to automatic disqualification of contestant and further penalties applicable.
- You may not upload viruses or malicious code, or do anything that could disable, overburden or impair the proper working or appearance of C-APP.
- You may not access or collect data from C-APP using automated means (without our prior permission) or attempt to access data that you do not have permission to access.
We can cancel your votes, remove content that you upload/share in breach of these provisions and, if applicable, we may take action against your account. We may also disable your account if you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights.
THE PERMISSIONS YOU GIVE US
We need certain permissions from you to provide our services:
- Permission to use content: You own the content that you create and share on C-APP, and nothing in these Terms takes away the rights that you have to your own content. You are free to share your content with anyone else, wherever you want. To provide our services, however, we need you to give us some legal permission to use this content.
Specifically, when you share, post or upload content that is covered by intellectual property rights (e.g. photos or videos) on or in connection with our Products, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free and worldwide license to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate and create derivative works of your content (consistent with your privacy and application settings). This means, for example, that if you share a photo on C-APP, you give us permission to store, copy and share it with others (again, consistent with your settings) such as service providers that support our service.
You can end this license at any time by deleting your content or account. You should know that, for technical reasons, any content that you delete may persist for a limited period of time in backup copies (though it will not be visible to other users). In addition, content that you delete may continue to appear if you have shared it with others and they have not deleted it.
- Permission to use your name, profile picture and information about your actions: You give us permission to use your name and profile picture and information about actions that you have taken on C-APP or in connection with ads, offers and other sponsored content that we display across our Products, without any compensation to you. For example, we may share/display to your friends/ other users of C-APP that you are in for a converge contest or switched on green light in an advertised event or a Page/group created by a brand that has paid us to display its ads on C-APP. Ads like this can be seen only by people who have your permission to see the actions that you’ve taken on C-APP.
- Permission to update software that you use or download: If you download or use our software, you give us permission to download and install upgrades, updates and additional features to improve, enhance and further develop it.
4. Limits on using our intellectual property
If you use content covered by intellectual property rights that we have and make available in our Products (for example, images, designs, videos or sounds that we provide, which you add to content you create or share on C-APP), we retain all rights to that content (but not yours). You can only use our copyrights or trademarks (or any similar marks) as expressly with our prior written permission. You must obtain our written permission (or permission under an open source license) to modify, create derivative works of, decompile or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us.
5. UPDATING OUR TERMS
We work constantly to improve our services and develop new features to make our Products better for you and our community. As a result, we may need to update these Terms from time to time to accurately reflect our services and practices. Unless otherwise required by law, we will notify you before we make changes to these Terms and give you an opportunity to review them before they go into effect. Once any updated Terms are in effect, you will be bound by them if you continue to use our Products.
We hope that you will continue using our Products, but if you do not agree to our updated Terms and no longer want to be a part of the C-APP community, you can delete your account at any time.
6. DISQUALIFICATION/ACCOUNT SUSPENSION OR TERMINATION
If we determine that you have breached our terms or policies, we may take action against your account to protect our community and services, including by disqualifying you from any Converge contest, suspending access to your account or disabling it. We may also suspend or disable your account if you create risk or legal exposure for us or when we are permitted or required to do so by law. Where appropriate, we will notify you about your account the next time you try to access it.
If you delete or we disable your account, these Terms shall terminate as an agreement between you and us, but the following provisions will remain in place:
Limits on liability
We work hard to provide the best Products we can and to specify clear guidelines for everyone who uses them. Our Products, however, are provided “as is”, and we make no guarantees that they will always be safe, secure or error-free, or that they will function without disruptions, delays or imperfections. To the extent permitted by law, we also DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. We do not control or direct what people and others do or say, and we are not responsible for their actions or conduct (whether online or offline) or any content that they share (including offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful and other objectionable content).
We cannot predict when issues may arise with our Products. Accordingly, our liability shall be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and under no circumstances will we be liable to you for any lost profits, revenues, information or data, or consequential, special, indirect, exemplary, punitive or incidental damages arising out of or related to these Terms or the C-APP Products, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
We try to provide clear rules so that we can limit or hopefully avoid disputes between you and us. If a dispute does arise, however, it’s useful to know up front where it can be resolved and what laws will apply.
If you are a consumer, the laws of the country in which you reside will apply to any claim, cause of action or dispute that you have against us, which arises out of or relates to these Terms or the C-APP Products (“claim”), and you may resolve your claim in any competent court in that country that has jurisdiction over the claim. In all other cases, you agree that the claim must be resolved exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction in Bayelsa State Nigeria, for the purpose of litigating any such claim, and that the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria will govern these Terms and any claim, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
- These Terms (formerly known as the Statement of Rights and Responsibilities) make up the entire agreement between you and Converge Global Services regarding your use of our C-APP. They supersede any prior agreements.
- Some of the Products we offer are also governed by supplemental Terms. If you use any of those Products, supplemental terms will be made available and will become part of our agreement with you. For instance, if you access or use our Products for commercial or business purposes, such as buying ads, selling products, developing apps, managing a group or Page for your business, or using our measurement services, you must agree to our Commercial Terms. If you post or share content containing music, you must comply with our Music Guidelines. To the extent that any supplemental Terms conflict with these Terms, the supplemental Terms shall govern to the extent of the conflict.
- If any portion of these Terms is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect. If we fail to enforce any of these Terms, it will not be considered a waiver. Any amendment to or waiver of these Terms must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms to anyone else without our consent.
- You may designate a person (called a legacy contact) to manage your account if it is memorialized. Only your legacy contact or a person who you have identified in a valid will or similar document expressing clear consent to disclose your content upon death or incapacity will be able to seek disclosure from your account after it is memorialized.
- These Terms do not confer any third-party beneficiary rights. All of our rights and obligations under these Terms are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- You should know that we may need to change the username for your account in certain circumstances (for example, if someone else claims the username and it appears unrelated to the name that you use in everyday life).
- We always appreciate your feedback and other suggestions about our products and services. But you should know that we may use them without any restriction or obligation to compensate you, and we are under no obligation to keep them confidential.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
Date: 16 January 2019